Share an Inspiring Local Government Moment
Our 2016 contest winners were announced! See the winners’ story here! And join us next year for the contest.
We are kicking off a new version of our student contest with the grand prize of a trip to the ICMA Annual Conference–including travel expenses. The ICMA student chapter of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill won last year’s more challenging video contest. The winning entry featured a newscast highlighting Hillsborough North Carolina’s award program, which sparks local government innovation. Prior winners include, the Villanova student chapter of ICMA with its send up of Lorde’s “Royals,”
This year we want you to share your photos with us! Show us how professional local government impacts your community in a positive way. The 12 winning photos will be seen by local governments, businesses, and NGOs from around the world – at ICMA’s 102nd Annual Conference in 2016.
1st prize: $1,500 travel stipend, free conference registration
2nd prize = $900 travel stipend, free conference registration
3rd prize = $600 travel stipend, free conference registration
This photo contest is open to all students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. There is no limit to the number of entries. Photos should focus on one of five things:
- A professional local government administrator, deputy administrator, or other professional staff in action
- A process that makes the community better
- Practices of diversity and inclusion enacted by a local government
- A community leader who helps to promote efficient, effective, and ethical local government.
- What inspires you to work in local government
Email photo(s) to email@example.com by July 15, 2016. Submissions MUST include all required information to be considered. Please read the disclaimer carefully!
By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare you own the copyright of the photograph and it’s your original work.
- Declare you have permission to use the image of any identifiable individual in the photograph.
- Declare ICMA is not responsible for the infringement of any third party rights.
- Grant reproduction rights to ICMA for use in print or online materials (photographs will be credited where appropriate).
- Content: Photos must “tell the story” of how professional local government leadership positively impacts the community.
- High-resolution: Photos must be high-res (roughly 1024 pixels or 300 pixels per inch). Send the highest resolution version you have (at least 1 MB). No email attachments greater than 25MB.
- JPG, JPEG: Photos must be high quality JPG or JPEG files.
- Original: Photos must original submissions (by photographer or with permission).
- Photo Credit: Photos must include the name of the photographer and organization, if applicable.
- Caption: Photos must have a caption describing the following elements: Maximum 200 words.
- Where and when the photo was taken
- Who is depicted in the photo
- What is depicted in the photo
- How this demonstrates the positive impact of professional local government leadership.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help promote the contest on twitter with #ICMA2016.
A panel of judges will choose the photos, which will be displayed at the ICMA Annual Conference.